Monday, March 3, 2014

The Greatest Animation Director has Put Down The Towel or In This Case Pencil

Hayao Miyazaki


      My Neighbor Totoro is the very first movie I watched by this man before I ever knew who he was and I loved that movie dearly, to this day that has become one of my favorite movies. I hope to share with my kids, nieces, or nephews because its truly a jewel of a movie. Once I got a shot of enchantment I wanted more, you got to understand I was a little kid at a time.
A hunting we went

Jackpot!

We(my sister and I) searched Near and all surrounding libraries for movies like Totoro, and we found Kiki's Delivery Service and Laputa: Castle in The Sky, and we watched those three movies over and over, we watched them so much that nothing would surprise me and to this day I still get a surprise, maybe Its all the little detail work that Hayao Miyazaki could get away and only he could get away with it, you wouldnt watch a family soak in tub like in Totoro its those little details that count. I wasnt paying attention to detail work when I was 10 I was just fascinated with the movie.




The media brands him with with all kinds of names which are mostly true, I like this one, god of anime. John Lasseter who is with PIXAR known for Toy Story, Toy Story 2, A Bugs Life, ect. said this about Miyazaki, "the worlds greatest living animator", I would go coco for coco puffs if I got recognized by another director and if he said WORLDS GREATEST but nahhhhh Miyazaki is playing it cool hes certainly brushed the dirt off his shoulder.

Hes not like me
Yeahhhh like I said Coco Puffs

1986
Castle In The Sky



1988
My Neighbor Totoro



1989
Kiki's Delivery Service



1992
Porco Rosso


1997
Princess Mononoke


2001
Spirited Away


2004
Howl's Moving Castle


2008
Ponyo


AND HIS VERY LAST ONE
2013
The Wind Rises



Seventy-three years old, Miyazaki has produced animation masterpieces and magic. I wish he wasnt retired so that he would keep the magic flowing; I like the 3D, the special effects, the BOOMS and BANGS that most movies have now but I like the 2D that he brought to the table, the whimsical, the beautiful scenery, and the magic. This kind of animation is dying even he said he got lucky to work his art and get paid the 40+ years that he did so bring back this kind of animation cause some of us like it, that just my opinion.
"Animators can only draw from their own experiences of pain and shock and emotions"
-Hayao Miyazaki


No comments:

Post a Comment